Our back doctor at Lewiston Orthopedics is a recognized expert in the diagnosis and treatment of back injuries and conditions.
The majority of back pain symptoms arise from inflammation due to an acute injury or overuse of the muscles, joints, or tendons.
Understanding and adhering to proper posture and lifting techniques can help decrease your chance for sustaining a back injury, such as a fracture, herniated disc, or strained muscle.
However, not all causes of back pain are as easily preventable; pain can also arise from a chronic or degenerative condition or from conditions that may spontaneously occur, such as disc herniations.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms of back pain, it’s important to seek treatment from a spine specialist as soon as possible before your condition worsens.
- Pain that radiates from the neck to the arm/hand
- Pain that radiates from the back to the leg/foot
- Pain that increases in the back, leg, or foot with standing or walking and is relieved by sitting
- Pain following heavy lifting, especially if you have osteoporosis
- Numbness, tingling, or weakness in the arms or legs
- Nerve or dexterity problems in the arms and hands
At Lewiston Orthopedics, we understand that pain in the back can make everyday activities difficult. Our back doctor knows that proper diagnosis is paramount in determining the most effective treatment plan for your individual condition.
To consult with our back doctor at Lewiston Orthopedics, please request an appointment online or call (800) 841-3523.